Skip to Content

configure fails on 64-bit Fedora 7 - can't find QT library

1 reply [Last post]
fperloff
Offline
Joined: 04/17/2010

I want to install hydrogen snapshot 2007-04-28, or hydrogen from subversion on 64-bit Fedora 7. When I start configure on either source, I receive the error message:

* QTDIR = /usr/lib64

* Searching for QT library in /usr/lib64 *** Not found ***

*** ERROR: QT library not found. Maybe QT development libraries are not installed or QTDIR isn't properly set.

I have installed qt4 and qt4-devel packages. When I looked in configure script, I saw that it was looking for libQtCore.so, which is located in /usr/lib64.

How do I set QTDIR? Is there something else I should do?

Thanks.
Fred

FenderStrat
Offline
Joined: 04/17/2010

To get around this error, I edited the configure script. (Of course, I recommend backing up the original configure script. ) This not an elegant way to fix the QT issue. However, this is what I did to get the configure script to find the QT libs:

(I also set the QTDIR=/usr/lib64)

line 58:

if test "x$ac_qtlib" = "x"; then
if test -f $QTDIR/lib/libQtCore.so -o -f $QTDIR/lib/libQtCore.a -o -f $QTDIR/lib/libQtCore_debug.so -o -f $QTDIR/lib/libQtCore_debug.a -o -d $QTDIR/lib/QtCore.framework -o -f $QTDIR/lib/libQtCore.dylib;

take out the /lib for all test cases in that if test block to read $QTDIR/libQtCore.so QTDIR/libQtcore.a etc

if test -f $QTDIR/libQtCore.so -o -f $QTDIR/libQtCore.a -o -f $QTDIR/libQtCore_debug.so -o -f $QTDIR/libQtCore_debug.a -o -d $QTDIR/QtCore.framework -o -f $QTDIR/libQtCore.dylib;

Then, there is one more change:

line 75

QMAKE_BIN=$QTDIR/bin/qmake

if [ -f $QTDIR/bin/qmake-qt4 ]
then
QMAKE_BIN=$QTDIR/bin/qmake-qt4
fi

This doesn't set the right QMAKE_BIN directory for my FC7 setup.

I added an else statement to set the directory to QTDIR/qt4/bin/qmake-qt4.

if [ -f $QTDIR/bin/qmake-qt4 ]
then
QMAKE_BIN=$QTDIR/bin/qmake-qt4
else
QMAKE_BIN=$QTDIR/qt4/bin/qmake-qt4
fi

Verify that your qmake-qt4 file is under /usr/lib64/qt4/bin.

(I apologize to Alessandro for hacking his configure script..)

Also, I haven't got the svn version to work correctly yet as it still fails to load FLAC.. Here is the error message.

[loadFLAC] FLAC support was disabled during compilation