Skip to Content

Vanished thread..

2 replies [Last post]
Domino
Offline
Joined: 03/22/2014

The thread on my Midi 2 Hydrogen Pattern convertor has vanished..

http://hydrogen.popez.org/hcms/node/10927

I don't know if it's deliberate or an accident, and I can't spot how to contact the moderators to find out :(

I was just going to annouce it's finished as well.

Anyway you can get v1.0 of the script here: http://dominodesigns.info/m2hpc/index.html

mauser
Offline
Joined: 03/30/2010

Hi!

Uuh, that sounds strange. I don't think that it was deleted on purpose. I'm a moderator here, but i can't find out what happened to that thread.. We had (and have) a lot of problems with spam, maybe it got lost when flagging spam posts..

Anyway, what about putting that script in the official hydrogen git repository? I haven't tried it yet, but it seems very useful!

Domino
Offline
Joined: 03/22/2014

I figured that it might have got caught in a spam run. A new forum user postings links offsite, it's easy to see how things could go wrong :)

Anyway, the script is now at v1.2, it's feature complete and there are no known issues! But that's just with me testing, so if anyone does try the script, confirmation that it worked perfectly is welcomed! ;)

There is a known problem with the 1.1.3 version of mido where it will give errors on some midi files, I supplied Ole with a test file and this is fixed in the git repository of mido. Other than that, if you do find any problems please let me know.

I'm not sure how good a fit the script is for the official hydrogen repository. With it needing python3 and a non-standard python library it's not a good match dependancy wise.

http://hydrogen.popez.org/hcms/node/11042 has some suggestions under "Midi" which would help make implementing the same functionality as my script directly into Hydrogen possible. It'd let an instruments Midi Note replace the gmmap functionality in my script - it was one key bit of information I couldn't get from hydrogen itself.

Even as a separate script, having "midi note" contain useful information would have made things easier to implement.

I've started another version of the script to do songs rather than patterns. It'll map instruments rather than kits and automatically split and match patterns within the song.