Skip to Content

SVN Build seemingly goes fine, but install fails!

3 replies [Last post]
prschmitt
Offline
Joined: 04/17/2010

Hi, folks!
I recently had need of the track-out feature for a project I was working on and discovered that the build I was using (svn-243) was broken when the track-outs were enabled.
I did a bit of googling and found that this was a known issue and had been fixed.
Soo.. I updated to the latest svn (ver 377.. just yesterday) and eveything built fine, or so it seemed.
When I attempted to install, however, I got this error:

scons: *** Source `hydrogengui' not found, needed by target `/usr/local/bin/hydrogengui'. Stop.
scons: building terminated because of errors.

A quick 'find' of the source tree revealed that `hydrogengui' never got built.

I updated again today to 378, and I'm getting the same error.

Here's the config info being reported:


Feature Overview:

lash: disabled
alsa: enabled
jack: enabled
libarchive: disabled (using libtar instead)
portaudio: disabled
portmidi: disabled

I have qt-4.3.0 installed, if that helps.
Now, I have lashd installed (0.5.4) but it's not being detected. It never is for some reason. I doubt that is the problem, as it should throw an error during compilation.

Am I in error somewhere, or is this one of those temporary broken source tree kinda things relating to the changeover to scons? (I notice there are no snapshots available at the moment) Ardour has seen similar problems IIRC.

Any and all hints would be appreciated [i]very[/i] much!

wolke
wolke's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/30/2010

hi,

env.Alias(target="install", source=env.Install(dir= destdir + install_prefix + '/share/hydrogen/data', source="./data/i18n"))
env.Alias(target="install", source=env.Install(dir= destdir + install_prefix + '/share/hydrogen/data', source="./data/img"))
env.Alias(target="install", source=env.Install(dir= destdir + install_prefix + '/share/hydrogen/data', source="./data/drumkits"))
env.Alias(target="install", source=env.Install(dir= destdir + install_prefix + '/share/hydrogen/data', source="./data/demo_songs"))
env.Alias(target="install", source=env.Install(dir= destdir + install_prefix + '/share/hydrogen/data', source="./data/hydrogen.default.conf"))
env.Alias(target="install", source=env.Install(dir= destdir + install_prefix + '/share/hydrogen/data', source="./data/emptySample.wav"))
env.Alias(target="install", source=env.Install(dir= destdir + install_prefix + '/share/hydrogen/data', source="./data/click.wav"))
env.Alias(target="install", source=env.Install(dir= destdir + install_prefix + '/share/hydrogen/data', source="./data/doc"))
env.Alias(target="install", source=env.Install(dir= destdir + install_prefix + '/share/hydrogen/data', source="./data/DefaultSong.h2song"))
env.Alias(target="install", source=env.Install(dir= destdir + install_prefix + '/bin/', source="./hydrogengui"))

edit line 231 in Sconstruct file. change source="./hydrogengui" to source="./hydrogen"

checkout svn we are now at rev 378 ( + pattern drag & drop ).
and try again.
please report if this will work.

greetings wolke

prschmitt
Offline
Joined: 04/17/2010

Thank you VERY much!
Install went perfectly.
Track-outs are available without the old xrun problem also. Yippee!
I feel like a fool, though. I should have been able to find this problem myself.

Thank you also for responding so quickly.
Looking forward to 1.0!

mauser
Offline
Joined: 03/30/2010

Hi!

lash is disabled by default, you have to enable it with

scons lash=1 !! Then check the "use lash" option in the preferences dialog.

It would be nice if you could point us to potential bugs, if you find some :)
Thanks,
Sebastian